Updated: Oct 3, 2019
Bananas have always been a quick and vegan easy breakfast. But when the bananas ripen too quickly, and you need to use them fast, vegan banana nut muffins are the best way to go.
5-6 bananas (3-4 for recipe plus 1 to replace 1 egg)
1/3 cup of vegan butter, melted
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 cup of sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of walnuts (feel free to add an extra 1/2 cup)
1. Mash 4-5 bananas in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
2. Combine the bananas and the butter
3. Add the vanilla to the wet ingredients
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl, folding the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Mix in the walnuts. Allow the mixture to mix well before separating into muffin tins
6. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill 3/4ths of the tin.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Yields about 16 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Total Fat: 10.8 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.8 grams
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 136 mg
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Fiber: 2.3 grams
Sugar: 14.5 grams
Protein: 3.3 grams
*Reduce the calories and the sugar content by using a calorie free sugar replacement like Truvia or Stevia.
The same recipe can be used to make vegan banana bread instead of muffins. Add the batter to a lightly greased bread tin and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.