Doughnuts for Dunking:
Vegan Banana Doughnuts
Doughnuts were made to dunk into your morning coffee. These vegan doughnuts are simple and easy to make for a weekend brunch or a weekday morning.
2 cups of all purpose flour
2/3 cups of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 bananas (replaces two eggs)
1 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup vegan butter
1 & 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of hot water
My mom didn’t enjoy the store bought pancake mix but you can also use vegan Bisquick original. Use a whole banana and almond milk to complete the recipe on the back of the box. Check Bisquick's website for updated information as this information is subject to change.
1. Combine the dry ingredients for the batter in a mixing bowl and slowly add the wet ingredients of applesauce and almond milk.
2. Pour your batter in a baking mold or use a nonstick doughnut maker. This doughnut maker was a happy accident stumbled upon in Good Will!
3. Pop your doughnuts from the molds, a fork will help!
4. Allow the doughnuts to cool before dipping them into the icing or the icing will slide right off! Once the doughnuts are cool, dip the doughnuts in the icing and place back on the rack to drip off the excess icing.
5. Once the icing is dried, plate your doughnuts and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, message us, take a picture and tag it @kaitmanson or hashtag #letsgetkomfy on instagram!
If you like copious amounts of coffee, do it yourself decor and vegan meal preps then let's be internet friends. On this blog you will find lifestyle tips from travel tips to eco-friendly and sustainable products along with weekly fitness and nutrition information. If you don't already follow me on social media then be sure to check out the links below to get a peak into my life and sneak peaks to the latest videos and blog posts.
Grab your mugs and let's get komfy!
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed above!