Vegan Squash Soup
It's sweater weather and soup season! Squash soup is a bowl full of vegetables, which means it is packed full of vitamins and minerals. Squash soup is a creamy soup, perfect for dipping bread or a grilled cheese sandwich. So grab your favorite sweater, a bowl of vegan squash soup and let's get komfy.
Download the recipe card!
6-8 medium / large Carrots
1 bundle of Celery
1 medium sized Yellow or Red Onion
6 cloves Garlic
1 large Butternut Squash
Optional: Red Pepper Flakes
1 cup of coconut milk
Water as needed
Note: You can also roast jalapenos if you like a little heat
1. Chop and slice all of the ingredients. Chop the carrots into small / medium sized pieces to help the carrots roast at the same pace as the other vegetables. If the carrots are still solid at the end of roasting, you can leave the carrots in the oven for an extra 15-20 minutes.
2. Place on a well oiled pan and add some extra olive oil on top to help roast the vegetables
3. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour - I chose 350 degrees to prevent the garlic and onions from burning. The onions and garlic will still get crispy. You can always take them out early and leave the rest of the vegetables in longer to roast.
4. Once the vegetables have roasted, allow the vegetables to cool before placing into a blender.
5. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to split the vegetables up and divide the coconut milk into separate batches.
6. I chose to only add a cup of coconut milk due to the high calories and fat content. You can also use almond milk but I prefer the thick and creaminess of coconut milk. Almond milk is low in calorie if you want a low calorie option. Once you have added the coconut milk, add water as needed to help the blender mix the vegetables.
7. Serve & enjoy!
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed above!
If you make this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, message us, take a picture and tag it @kaitmanson or hashtag #letsgetkomfy on instagram!
If you like copious amounts of coffee, do it yourself decor and vegan meal preps then let's be internet friends. On this blog you will find lifestyle tips from travel tips to eco-friendly and sustainable products along with weekly fitness and nutrition information. If you don't already follow me on social media then be sure to check out the links below to get a peak into my life and sneak peaks to the latest videos and blog posts.
Grab your mugs and let's get komfy!