You make me nuts |
Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
Bananas have always been a quick and vegan easy breakfast. But when the bananas ripen too quickly, and you need to use them fast, vegan banana nut muffins are the best way to go.
5-6 bananas (3-4 for recipe plus 1 to replace 1 egg)
1/3 cup of vegan butter, melted
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 cup of sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of walnuts (feel free to add an extra 1/2 cup)
1. Mash 4-5 bananas in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
2. Combine the bananas and the butter
3. Add the vanilla to the wet ingredients
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl, folding the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Mix in the walnuts. Allow the mixture to mix well before separating into muffin tins
6. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill 3/4ths of the tin.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes.
If you make this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, message us, take a picture and tag it @kaitmanson or hashtag #letsgetkomfy on instagram!
If you like copious amounts of coffee, do it yourself decor and vegan meal preps then let's be internet friends. On this blog you will find lifestyle tips from travel tips to eco-friendly and sustainable products along with weekly fitness and nutrition information. If you don't already follow me on social media then be sure to check out the links below to get a peak into my life and sneak peaks to the latest videos and blog posts.
Grab your mugs and let's get komfy!
Note: The same recipe can be used to make vegan banana bread instead of muffins. Add the batter to a lightly greased bread tin and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed above!